I hate this type of weather, you leave with a huge coat then it brightens up or you have a lighter coat and it rains. With the cold and flu season kicking in, leading media medic, Dr Dawn Harper, in conjunction with ColdZyme which fights the cause of the common cold, have compiled a few tips to keep them nasty colds and flu germs at bay! I've been suffering with flu type symptoms for a few weeks now and I can't seem to shift them.
Dr Harper’s Top Tips
* Wash down surfaces and door handles – the viruses that cause colds can survive for several hours outside the human body. Wash your hands regularly – contrary to popular belief, most coughs and colds are spread by hand contact not by coughs and sneezes, so simply keeping your hands clean will go a long way to protecting yourself.
* Eat a well-balanced diet rich in fruit and vegetables to keep your immune system in good shape. Vitamin C and zinc are vital for a healthy immune system. Zinc is found in red meat, beans and fortified cereals, whilst foods rich in vitamin C include fruits such as oranges and strawberries and vegetables such as peppers, kale and broccoli.
* Make sure you get into a good sleep routine. When we sleep our immune system repairs itself, so chronic sleep deprivation can make you prone to infections.
* Manage your stress levels. Try to prioritise and delegate where possible as stress can play havoc with your immune system.
* Consider using anti-viral tissues and keep them in your bag or on your desk if those around you have a cold to minimise the spread of the virus and make sure that tissues are put straight in the bin.
* Use ColdZyme, a revolutionary mouth spray which targets the cause of the common cold and is clinically documented to help reduce the duration of a cold.
Or boost your immune system with the fabulous Bio-Strath® Herbal Elixir. It is one of the industry’s best-selling natural products for immune health, fatigue and recovery from illness, including flu and cold symptoms with over 35 years of research behind it.
Using a special fermentation process called plasmolysis, live active Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast cells are cultivated on a selection of wild herbs and burst open to release their valuable, nutritionally vital substances.
This process and the resulting yeast complex, helps the body to better absorb nutrients from food, the effects of which have been documented in numerous research papers.
Most significantly Bio-Strath® has been shown to help with tiredness, help strengthen resistance and immunity, and help speed up the recovery time from colds, flu and other similar illnesses.
Bio-Strath® retails at £9.49 for 100ml and is available from independent health stores and pharmacies, and online from www.healthy2u.co.uk.