I think everyone is always aware of dodgy traders aren't they, the new WaterSafe website allows consumers to search for an approved plumber in your area, ensuring that they are getting a safe and competent tradesman to carry out work in your home. By using a properly qualified professional with this scheme, the idea is that they can work together as a nation to drive out unethical plumbers and raise safety standards.
In conjunction with the launch of WaterSafe, they recently conducted a survey with 2,000 consumers to look at the impact rogue traders are having on the plumbing industry with shocking results:
• Brits have spent a whopping £2.6 billion in the last year fixing plumbing disasters.
• When choosing a plumber, 69% state cost as the deciding factor
• 23% have been the victim of a rogue plumber, while 23% know someone who has
• Of those who have been victim of a rogue plumber, the average cost to put it right is £426
• When looking for a plumber, 68% ask family or friends, 27% ask their neighbour, 25% go on the internet
• Only 21% go on to check the credentials of their plumber
The WaterSafe website is www.watersafe.org.uk