So this awesome idea popped up in my news feed, so I knew we had to try it!
First of all we made the salt dough which is very easy to make.
2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
Half a cup of water
1. Add ingredients and knead dough for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Roll dough out and place hand, so it imprints on to the dough, cut around excess dough.
3. Make a small hole so you can hang.
4. Bake at gas mark 6 for about 2 hours until golden.
5. Paint and decorate as desired.
We also made some gingerbread decorations too, as we had some dough left over. These are a lovely keepsake for years to come. Here they are looking fab on our tree.